Thursday, May 23, 2013

Product Review: MAC Lustre Drops Pink Rebel & Sun Rush.


Product Review: MAC Lustre Drops Pink Rebel & Sun Rush.

Heyyy guys,



MAC Lustre Drops Pink Rebel


MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush


Lets get straight to the point, a lot of you know that I used to have a youtube channel before this blog but I decided to shut it down as I shifted to India and did not know what was next on the cards for me, well while I still had that channel MAC UK sent me a few products from their collections at that time which I did not really use or even swatch for a while, but I have rediscovered them after attempting to clean my makeup closet!  The two products are you can read from the title are their lustre drops. The Sun Rush lustre drops are a part of their regular collection whereas Pink Rebel make an entry and exit pretty often. The Pink Rebel in the UK is available at the moment in their Baking Beauties Collection and was launched in a couple of collections before that (Summer 2009 To The Beach Collection and a few others since) I really do hope MAC India brings this product as I think its just a fantastic product and its multipurpose.

First up for discussion is the MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush. This beautiful rich golden product has a smooth, creamy and even texture. This stuff, mixed in with your favorite foundation can turn your matte finish to an instant glow (very Kim Karadashian-esque) in seconds. The Lustre drops have a pearl finish and when mixed in with your favorite foundation look glamourous yet in no way does it effect the color of the foundation itself, so don’t worry about that (as long as you don’t apply too much of course!!). It just makes your skin look more sun-kissed, more dewy and glowing. It’s like the best of both worlds! The MAC website describes it as a bronzer but I think its more of a highlighter. I use Sun Rush mixed in with my tinted moisturizer and apply evenly all over my face with the beauty blender and it looks amazing! 

    

With Flash                                             Without Flash


 



MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel: Now, now there is a lot of confusion about this product. One SA told me that this product will be added to their permanent collection while one told me it’s a part of their Baking Beauties Collection and will be limited edition but launched quite frequently. Either way I'm happy to have it as long as it gets re launched after every 4-5 collections. The pink rebel has a pink base with golden shimmer. This product is amazing as it can be used as a highlighter but on days when you want bright eyes and lips , you can tone your makeup down on the cheeks by using this as you blush and highlighter and it works perfectly well. It gives your cheeks a pinkish glow. I am undecided whether I would mix this in with a foundation though as it may mess up the yellow tone in my foundation and make my face look whiter or pinkish-ghostly. But as a highlighter & blush this is fantastic.  

 

With Flash                                            Without Flash



 


Rating: 

Product: 5/5
Consistency: 5/5
Range: 2/5 (They discontinued a darker bronze and a lighter bronze shade) 


Availablity in India: Available to order in India from  OrderMakeupUK.

(https://www.facebook.com/groups/ordermakeupuk/)



Have you tried the MAC Lustre Drops? What do you think of them?

xx
Shivani

11 comments:

  1. lovely ! I want you to show us swatches of rimmel appocalips too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems amazing product.

    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-box-from-wishtrend.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pink one is more subtler.. like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats true, but the pink is pretty buildable too.. Thats the thing I love about it actually.

      Delete
  4. This was launched in india twice and its a lovely product. A bit of mix up with the foundation and your are ready to glow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that they are going to bring it in India as a permanent collection very soon too!! If thats true Ill be so happy!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for review. It seems a nice product. I will surely buy it. Your review really help me to take a decision. I prefer to read review before buying any beauty product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you like Pink Rebel or Sun Rush better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sun rush good for Indian sawala skin tone shivani ?
    I don't think pink would look good on me.. Brownish tone n pink.. No no
    Sun rush ? Is good ?

    ReplyDelete