Monday, October 21, 2013

Product Review: OCC Lip Tars

Product Review: OCC Lip Tars!






Hey Guys,

After the last post it was time for a happy and love-product post. This review has been requested by Renu of My Beauty Junction who asked me to review these and since I have like 4 shades of these I thought why not.  Well I am going to keep this review short and to the point. Basically I love these.. I used to have a couple more accompanied by a mixing dish and a lip brush, but my sister called dibs on them. Nonetheless I've kept 4 guarded for myself.

Price: $ 18 + taxes
Quantity: 0.33 oz

What Sephora says about the lip tars:

Flash a fabulous smile and a stunning splash of color with this lip formula that combines the longevity of a lipstick with the breezy application of a gloss. The rich pigment will drench your pout and the blend of essential oils, including hemp and peppermint, will soothe and soften the skin for a supremely comfortable finish. 

Sans Parabens!



So I have 4 gorgeous shades to review for you. 



Black Dahlia:
In the tube this color looks horrifying, I won't lie. I was scared of it at first when I first got it. I then tried it on and found that it leaves a lovely winey-plum sheen behind once blended well. This is the perfect autumn color and perfect for a night out. This color is also awesome darken lighter shades. Its perfect for mixing as well as a solo application. This shade is similar to MAC Rebel.


Flash


No Flash



Grandma:
Okay this shade is poorly named! I love the orangey-coral color it gives off.. Okay I have to confess this is the lightest Lip Tar I have in my collection and looks amazing layered on or as a light lip color on its own.. For those who are NC 42 or above this may wash you out on its though but feel free to mix with any other shades, thats what lip tars are for anyway :)


Flash


No Flash


Queen:
Well can this shade get any more neon? This is a gorgeous color and looks amazing when on or if you have a layer of this and top it of with Grandma from above which would make it a gorgeous pinkish-coral color. For those of you who are NC 43 and above this may wash you out. This shade is somewhat similar to MAC Candy Yum Yum but not completely. 


Flash


No Flash


Anime:
This color is one of the most famous colors in their line. This shade is super gorgeous as well. This is a true fuchsia and looks lovely when on. I wouldn't really mix this with other colors as this looks super lovely on its own. This shade is similar to MAC Girl About Town.


Flash


No Flash


Pro's:

Lovely color range (they have the weirdest mixing colors such as blue, yellow, stark white etc)
Superb lasting power
Long Lasting
Non Transferable
Great color payoff
No Parabens


Con's:

Availability 
Price (although the sets are value for money)
Slightly drying on the lips (need to exfoliate lips and use a lip balm prior to using this product)



Overall the OCC Lip Tars are gorgeous and amazing products and a great addition to your vanity. A little goes a longgg way and you need less then a small drop sized product to cover the whole lip so for the money these will last you for a veryy long time. They stay on forever and may need touch up if you go through numerous meals. Will survive small meals and won't transfer once the product has set. I must admit mixing and creating new colors is the best part of this product. 

Will I repurchase?: Not these exact shades as these would last a long time but yes I am looking forward to buying more shades.

Have you tried the lip tars? Did you like them?










14 comments:

  1. Gosh those neons are downright scary lol! Thanks a zillion for the review! I love the look of Grandma - is it a bit sheerer than the rest? Or is it a bit like Rouge in Love 340B/322B? And what do you think of Melange, Clockwork, Trollop and Lydia? I love the look of those four; more or less "me". It's so confusing to buy when you don't personally swatch, isn't it? Too many questions, and this is supposed to be a "comment" rofl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neons are amazing though... Your most welcome :) Yeah Grandma is a little sheer as compared to the others. Melange is a rusty color, I had a sample of this and didn't enjoy it that much to be honest... Clockwork is an amazing peachy orange shade but not too bright.. Trollop is one of my favorite shades and my sister who has custody of it (temporarily) loves it too.. Lydia was a bit purple for me but when mixed with a nude looks fantastic...
      I love stacking up on samples of them so I can try out different shades and see what suits me the best... Sadly Sephora India has yet to launch this concept or this product..

      Hope this helped :)

      Delete
  2. Quite bold shade, only grandma is wearable for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other colors can be blended out to look like a tint or be layered for a full effect.. And with your skin tone I am sure you can carry off all colors very well!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Radha, Im sure you would rock all the shades as well :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah Grandma is a lovely color.. Super blendable and awesome to mix as well :)

      Delete
  5. loved your swatches.. I have never tried this brand, it looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Bharathi.. Yes this product is amazingggg!

      Delete
  6. wanted OCC liptars for so long now.... u just got me more tempted :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are cuties :) I want them ;) Beautifully reviewed girl <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ❤ They are amazingg...You should def get your hands on them soon...

      Delete